We’re looking for a PR Manager in London!
WildKat is a creative agency for culture and music. We offer PR, marketing, branding, social media and event management for institutions and artists. We are the only performing arts agency working internationally. WildKat has offices in London, Berlin, Paris, New York and LA. We want to hire an individual who is looking to join the company at a busy post-Covid time.
WildKat PR is offering an exciting full-time opportunity for an experienced Publicist to join our London office. You‘ll be working closely with the company’s Managing Director, our Digital team, Account Managers and colleagues worldwide, you will develop and execute creative PR campaigns across the classical music and cultural industries to generate coverage and publicity for our clients.
We are looking for someone who is well-organised, hard-working and enthusiastic, as well as friendly and approachable. You should enjoy working with a close-knit team, across all our offices, with the ability to both collaborate and work independently (presently we are working from home, but once safe working conditions can be facilitated you will be working from our Central London office.)
You will have a good knowledge of the classical music industry, with connections to journalists and publications. You’ll have a strong knowledge of PR, Marketing, Social Media and Event Management. You will have proven administrative and organisational skills, plus excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The ability to speak other European languages, particularly German, French, Spanish or Italian, is a bonus.
- To manage your set of clients and work with them to help achieve their PR goals. This includes: gaining press, attracting new audiences, helping to improve their brand, organising events (Covid dependent)
- To think creatively about how you (and your colleague) approach campaigns. You will be asked to make new connections and approach your work in innovative ways
- With the help of our Digital Team you will integrate digital media into campaigns. This means exploring new technology and developing ways to include it in client campaigns
- To take a leading role in the development and execution of unique, creative campaigns to promote your clients and the company
- To write copy in relation to your clients’ needs, including fact sheets, biographies, blog posts, newsletters, brochures
- To liaise with journalists to generate and secure media coverage for clients
- When possible to organise client events, as needed
- To attend all relevant artists’ events including meetings and performances
- To network within the industry to build your reputation and that of the company
- To oversee the work of others when required, and to be willing to grow into a more senior role
- At least 2 years’ experience working in arts PR
- Interest in classical music, culture, and the arts – Bach should be someone you know, not someone you’ve emailed
- A fast learner, able to absorb information quickly and confidently put it into practice
- Ability to remain calm when working under pressure and to manage conflicting deadlines
- Proven administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to be self-sufficient and work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high energy industry and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Have your own established contact base, to help with the growth of the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and responsibility when working alone
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- A strong interest in online media
- Good standard of computer literacy (Word, Excel, WordPress)
- Ability to attend clients’ events outside of the office hours if required, we offer a 6 hour days scheme to compensate
Salary minimum £27,000+, depending on experience
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We particularly welcome applications from people of ethnically diverse groups and disadvantaged backgrounds, as well as trans and non-binary candidates, as they are currently under-represented in our workforce.
To apply, please send your CV and a Cover Letter outlining suitability for the role to Olivia Brown firstname.lastname@example.org with “PR Manager” in the subject line by 5pm on 18 June 2021.