Cowbridge Music Festival 2019Festival
Cowbridge Music Festival was founded in 2010 by Mary Elliott-Rose and Sam Edwards. Taking place every year in early autumn, the festival places classical music alongside jazz, vocal and world music in the picturesque old market town of Cowbridge, in the heart of the Vale of Glamorgan.
Combining a hugely successful and innovative outreach programme, the tenth Cowbridge Music Festival comprises more than 30 events across 16 days. With its bold and exciting programme, this unique festival annually attracts visitors from both its local region and beyond.
2019 sees a star-studded lineup for the festival, from Jess Gillam to Associate Artist Llŷr Williams, as well as a tribute to Benny Goodman from the Julian Bliss Jazz Septet to close the festival. There will also be a running theme through the festival, celebrating female artists both past and present with a concert dedicated to Clara Schumann and another championing the ‘queen of the qanun (a 78 stringed Middle Eastern plucked zither)’ Maya Youssef.
WildKat will be working on Press and PR for their 10th anniversary edition.
• Feature in Classical Music Magazine on the ground-breaking chamber music initiative
• Full festival listing in the Classical Music Magazine
• Radio 3 In Tune interview with featured group the Budapest Café Orchestra
• Classic FM in the studio recording session with Maya Youssef shared on Facebook which has so far had more than 55k views
• BBC Music Magazine Rising Star feature on festival artist Maya Youssef
• High profile online feature on the chamber music initiative with the Strad
• News Story from Rhinegold and Planet Hugill
• Local previews from Buzz Magazine Wales Online and Visit Wales
• BBC Radio Wales interview slot