WildKat is seeking an experienced Office Manager & Executive Assistant to join our London team. We are looking for someone who can ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the office, provide HR support across the company and provide general assistance to the Managing Director and wider team when necessary.
Office Manager & Executive Assistant
- 30 hours per week (of 40-hour full-time week)
- Permanent employment contract
- Salary: £30,000 Pro Rata, dependent on experience
- Pension: 4% employer pension contribution
- Holiday: 18 days plus bank holidays and office closure over Christmas/New Year
- Reports to: Managing Director
- Staff benefits: Christmas break, annual staff retreat, concert tickets and event passes, regular team social events.
- Prepare contracts and set up client accounts
- Issue and monitor customer invoices
- Process bills and payments
- Maintain, file and archive records in an accurate manner
- Manage office policies, including risk assessments
- Manage office subscriptions to magazines and online resources
- Arrange travel for Directors and other staff members when required
- Organise and audit the company’s systems and procedures, including HR
- Assist accountants in preparing monthly reports
- Prepare monthly payroll data
- Manage company diary(staff meetings, holidays)
- Assist with recruitment
- Diary management for the Managing Director
- Organising meetings and taking minutes, as required
- Arranging travel and accommodation, preparing itineraries
- Providing general administrative assistance to the Managing Director: managing her inbox, answering emails and calls, greeting clients and visitors to the office, assisting with new business enquiries and proposals
- Day-to-day running of the London office, such as office supplies and refreshments
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role
- Exceptional organisational and diary management skills
- Confident written and oral communication skills
- Experience in preparing and managing contracts
- Good working knowledge of Google apps(Docs, Sheets, Slides)and Microsoft Office(Word, Excel)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Experience of multi-tasking, ability to prioritise and work independently.
- Basic understanding of UK tax rules and labour law
- Experience of working with online accounting software Xero or equivalent
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
WildKat was founded by Kathleen Alder in April 2008, following the years she spent working in the music industry and the advertising sectors. Kat’s initial goal was to apply professional commercial strategies to public relations in the arts and the media. Since then, WildKat has made its mark as one of the most innovative and creative PR companies specialising in classical music, as well as in contemporary music and cultural projects. The company has particularly distinguished itself in the creation of bespoke commercial strategies and the astute employment of new technologies and media.
WildKat is the only performing arts agency working internationally, with four offices across two continents–London, Berlin, Paris and New York. We run campaigns in the UK and Ireland, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and North America, and we also work across Benelux, Scandinavia and Eastern Europe. We offer press and PR, marketing, playlisting, social media and branding for institutions and artists.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At WildKat we strive to be inclusive across our workforce and creative delivery. Team members contribute to and develop our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy. We welcome applications for all sectors of the community and actively seek applications from candidates from disabled and ethnically diverse backgrounds as these groups are currently underrepresented within the music sector. Please let us know if you would like to discuss the office environment, working arrangements, access requirements or have questions around access and inclusion. Our office at 26 Bloomsbury Street is not wheelchair accessible, has two flights of stairs and an upstairs toilet.
Right to work
Under the Asylum and Immigration Act, we are required to check that anyone taking up employment with us has the legal right to work in the UK. All successful applicants will, therefore, be asked to provide us with documentary evidence to support their entitlement to work in the UK prior to taking up employment.
How to apply
Please apply by emailing CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com, we also kindly ask you to fill in the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form accessible via this link. Any Equal Opportunities information you provide will not be used when short-listing, it is anonymised, will be kept separate from your application, and all information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The closing date to apply is 5pm on 17 May 2023. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone or email and invited to an interview on Zoom or in-person. Whilst we will work to accommodate every applicant, please do your best toensure you may be available for this date.
- Application deadline: 5pm on 17 May 2023
- First Interviews: 24-25 May 2023
- Second Interviews: 30-31 May 2022 at 26 Bloomsbury Street WC1B 3QJ (TBC)
- Potential starting date: as soon as possible
In addition to a CV, we are asking candidates to submit a Covering Letter. Please see below questions you might wish to address.
- Please use this opportunity to tell us why you would like to work for WildKat and/or what attracted you to the role.
- Please tell us how your past experiences are relevant to the role.
- Please make sure you tell us how personal specifications listed in this pack apply to you.
- Is there anything else you would like us to know about you?
- Do you speak any other languages?
- If you have specific access requirements or ways in which we can make progressing in the recruitment process easier for you, please outline them in your letter.
Please provide details of two people, not related to you, who will provide an employment reference for you. One of these must be your current or most recent employer if you are not currently employed. The other should be a referee who can express a professional opinion on your work and your ability to perform the job for which you are applying. We will not contact your referees unless you have been offered the position.
Their details will not be stored after the recruitment is complete.
- .Referee Name
- Relationship to you
- Email address
- Phone Number
26 Bloomsbury St, London WC1B 3QJ