Do you want to gain your first music industry experience working as part of a young and friendly team in Central London?
We are looking for a paid intern to join WildKat PR, starting as soon as possible.
WildKat PR is a creative agency for classical music and the arts. We are a dynamic, forward thinking agency offering full services for public relations, marketing, artistic consultancy, event management, social media, and creative campaigns, specialising in both classical and contemporary music. We are a young, enthusiastic, creative, and music-loving company and our expertise and creativity allows us to devise innovative campaigns tailored to individual artists’ needs. With offices currently established in London, Berlin, and New York, and clients including the Ancient Academy of Music, Bamberg Symphony Orchestra, Gstaad Menuhin Academy & Festival, and the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, our reach extends internationally to offer professional PR support worldwide.
WildKat PR is offering a paid position for a motivated and confident individual to join our London team. Working with the Director and Account Managers on creative PR campaigns across the classical music and cultural industries, you will be expected to assist your colleagues in all aspects of the campaigns, and quickly establish an understanding of the industry and begin to build working relationships with press to generate media coverage for our clients. This position will provide an overview of all clients, demonstrating the different stages of PR campaigns, along with a range of different styles and approaches to the press, industry and social media packages our company offers.
As a WildKat intern, your role will include:
– Compiling and posting our daily news round-ups and sharing on social media
– Research-based tasks to assist Account Managers on their campaigns
– Updating social media accounts on behalf of WildKat PR
– Writing blogs about topics of interest to be published on our website
– Writing and proofreading press releases for WildKat clients
– Creating and uploading interesting and new content for our social media platforms
– Inviting critics, journalists, and industry contacts to concerts
– Attending client events and meeting members of the press and industry
– Creating listings to websites for clients’ upcoming concerts
– Daily maintenance and upkeep of the office
– Tidying the office before/after meetings and at end of the week
– CD/DVD mail-outs to UK and international press
What you get from interning with WildKat PR:
– Your first work experience in a professional, innovative communications company
– Chance to expand your skill set rapidly (you get out of this role what you’re prepared to put in!)
– Gain wider industry experience by attending concerts and networking events
– Impress your colleagues with your fresh, new ideas
– Friday drinks with the team, yoga classes and 6-hour work days
– A keen interest and passion in classical music and the creative industries
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– A creative and fun way of thinking
– An interest in the media
– Good eye for at socials (and an appreciation for classical music memes)
– Self-motivated and keen to use initiative
– Strong prioritisation and organisational skills
– Speak an additional language
– Currently study music or related discipline (creative arts, Public Relations)
We are looking for someone to work for us for 4 hours per day, 10am-2pm, Monday to Friday. If these hours don’t quite fit with your timetable, we are happy to be flexible for the right person!
We will pay a salary commensurate with the London Living Wage for each 20-hour week worked. The timeframe for the length of this internship is flexible, but we’re looking for someone to start as soon as possible. Please also send your application in speculatively, as we have openings throughout the year. NOTE: if you are applying for an internship later in the year, you must state clearly in your covering letter when you will be available.
To apply, send a short C.V. and a covering letter (which can be in the body of the email) to email@example.com with the subject title ‘WildKat PR Intern application’.