Paid internship at WildKat PR
Would you be interested to join a friendly and vibrant atmosphere in London and work for a creative PR agency specialising in classical music? Are you looking to gain experience in social media? Ready to learn how a PR campaign is run? If yes, then this maybe a brilliant opportunity for you!
About WildKat PR
WildKat PR is a dynamic and forward-thinking creative communications agency for classical music and the arts. We offer comprehensive services for public relations, marketing, social media website design, specialising in both classical and contemporary music. With offices currently established in London, Berlin, Paris and New York, and clients ranging from the Bamberg Symphony Orchestra, Dresden Philharmonie, Gstaad Menuhin Festival, Orpheus Chamber Orchestra and Bachfest & Bach Archive Leipzig, to Alexandre Kantorow, Angel Blue, Kathryn Lewek and VOCES8, our reach extends internationally to offer professional communications worldwide.
Overview of the role:
WildKat PR is on the hunt for a motivated, intelligent, and confident individual to join our London team. You will be expected to work closely with the Founder, the Managing Director based in the London office, and fellow Account Managers on creative PR campaigns across the classical music and cultural industries. You will assist colleagues in all aspects of the campaign, establish an understanding of the industry and learn to build working relationships with press to generate media coverage for our clients. This position will provide an overview of all clients, demonstrating the different stages of PR and social media campaigns, along with a range of different styles and approaches to communications.
Key responsibilities as an intern:
- Support Account Managers with research on PR and social media campaigns
- Produce written blogs for the company, relating to client news and updates
- Assist in the management of content across social media platforms and websites
- Proof-reading press releases and other long-form texts.
- Participates in brainstorming PR ideas
- Build and update media lists and databases
- Assisting with administrative tasks, such as CD mailouts
- Handle day-to-day office maintenance and cleanliness; purchase office or kitchen supplies every week
- Sort and file newspapers, magazines and CD/DVD collection
- A keen interest and passion in classical music
- Exceptional literary and verbal communication skills. Knowing other languages is desirable.
- A good understanding and experience with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Interest in new media
- Confidence and enthusiasm to share new ideas
- Strong organisation skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks effectively
- Previous experience working in a media agency or possessing a degree in Music/English/Communications/Marketing/Public Relations is an added advantage
Benefits and Culture at WildKat PR
We have a vibrant, friendly, open-plan office with supportive colleagues and management who always appreciate new ideas. Every day is a chance to learn something new at WildKat PR, may it be promotion or researching techniques, exploring new media or getting the chance to collaborate with mainstream brands.
WildKat PR is a strong promoter of mental and social wellbeing of its employees which is why we have office yoga, chance to unwind with end of week treats every Friday and several 6-hour working days per month on offer!
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject title ‘WildKat London Intern Application’. While we look at your application, please get to know us more through our social media channels.