Today in the WildKat PR office the hot topic of conversation has been 2014’s fastest growing social network – Tumblr.
After reading PR Daily’s ‘7 reasons you should pay attention to Tumblr right now‘ we have created our own page on the site and have come up with our top 5 tips for using Tumblr.
– According to Union Metrics the best time to post on Tumblr is in the evening and at the weekend – specifically between 4pm and 10pm EST (that’s 9pm – 3am GMT). There are less posts in the morning which can also be good if you don’t want competition.
– Always, always, ALWAYS credit the source. Tumblr is an image-heavy site with a lot of original work and so users are very careful to give credit where credit is due.
– When reblogging, Tumblr’s default setting is to reblog long text posts as a shorter link which hides the post and will decrease engagement. You can turn this off by clicking the drop-down at the top right and changing it to the Aa symbol.
– Enable endless scrolling on your profile so that you don’t have to click next every 10 posts.
– Don’t spam your followers with constant posts and reblogs! You can use Tumblr’s scheduling feature in order to space your posts out between set times in order to create a steady flow of posts that your followers will enjoy.
Have any top Tumblr tips to add? Tweet them to @WildKatPR and we’ll include them in our next social media blog!