The WildKat London office is looking for a new Senior PR Manager
WildKat is looking for an experienced and ambitious PR Manager to step up into Senior PR Manager role in our London office.
You will plan and deliver creative PR campaigns across a range of print, online and broadcast media for a range of clients from Festivals to world-class instrumentalists, from contemporary composers to baroque ensembles.
You’ll work closely with the company Directors, PR Managers and our Digital team, whilst overseeing and supporting the junior members of the team.
We are looking for someone who is well-organised, hard-working and enthusiastic, as well as friendly and approachable. You will have experience working with arts organisations in a communications role and good relationships with the classical music press and wider arts media. You will enjoy working with a close-knit team, across all our offices, with the ability to both collaborate and work independently.
- Plan and deliver strategic PR campaigns for your clients, utilising your established connections with the press, whilst also having an appetite for discovering new media
- Bringing creativity to the role to develop compelling stories for your clients and working with your colleagues to find new ways to seek coverage
- Managing the junior members of the team, overseeing their campaigns, advising on how to best promote their clients and supporting them in organising their workload
- To take a leading role in the development and execution of unique, creative campaigns to promote your clients and the company
- To write copy in relation to your clients’ needs, including fact sheets, biographies, blog posts, and more
- Posting content on WildKat’s social media at events or concerts
- To liaise with journalists to generate and secure media coverage for clients
- To attend artists’ events, including meetings and performances
- To network within the industry to build your reputation and that of the company
- Either experience working in arts PR (ideally classical music specifically) or experience in a wider communications role in a classical music organisation
- Interest in classical music, culture, and the arts – Bach should be someone you know, not someone you’ve emailed!
- Pro-active, creative thinker with ability to use initiative and develop ideas
- Have your own established contact book of arts journalists and relationships with relevant media
- Proven administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good standard of computer literacy (Word, Excel, etc.)
About the role
Job title: Senior PR Manager
Salary: £30,000 – £36,000, dependent on experience.
Start date: 25 July 2022 (flexible)
Hours: 10:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday. Some out of hours work will be necessary for concerts and events.
Location: We offer hybrid-working so that you can work 2-3 days in our Central London office and from home.
Benefits: 24 holidays plus bank holidays and Christmas office closure; 2-month sabbatical after 2 years full-time employment; individual training fund per year; concert and events tickets; annual company retreat; opportunity for growth and development; allocation of 6-hour working days per month.
WildKat is a creative agency for culture, specialising in classical music. We offer PR, marketing, branding, social media and event management for institutions and artists. We are the only performing arts agency working internationally with offices in London, Berlin, Paris, New York and LA.
Our clients include the Verbier Festival, VOCES8, London Sinfonietta, English Touring Opera, Orpheus Chamber Orchestra, composer Jeff Beal, soprano Angel Blue, and many more.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We particularly welcome applications from people of ethnically diverse groups and disadvantaged backgrounds, as well as trans and non-binary candidates, as they are currently under-represented in our workforce.
To apply, please send your CV and a Cover Letter outlining suitability for the role to email@example.com addressed to Olivia Brown (Managing Director) with “Senior PR Manager” in the subject line by Monday 20 June 2022, 5pm.